CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Celebrations

For this month's SAA Children's Social we had an Easter egg hunt. We expected about 75 kids, so there were over 800 filled plastic eggs, of which I probably filled at least 500 of. The hardest part was finding 800 places to hide eggs! We had the hunt behind the TCC (ATSU's gym) in a little grassy/foresty area. It was absolutely freezing, I think around 25 degrees, so it was short and sweet! Liberty enjoying walking around and putting eggs in her basket. She collected a whopping 7 eggs! She's says "E!" very excitedly for "eggs."




After the egg hunt we went to the Farm & Home store and showed Liberty the baby chicks, ducks, and rabbits. She loved waving and saying "hi" to them, but she wasn't interested in touching them. Trever held one of the ducks up to her and it pooped on Liberty's pants. Luckily, she didn't notice, but it was pretty gross! Thank goodness for baby wipes! Interestingly enough, Trever & I started thinking about buying a rabbit for Liberty. There was a really cute white one that I wanted to buy. We even looked to see how much a cage was, and contemplated the idea, but decided against it. After all, the last thing I want to do is clean up after an animal! Plus, I don't know if Liberty would ever even touch or hold the rabbit, so there would be no point. We still laugh at how serious we got thinking about it!

I got this brilliant idea to color easter eggs with Liberty. We were at our friends' house, so while the guys went and played racquetball, we painted eggs. I realized quickly that Liberty is too young for coloring eggs! We started with blue, and it was a huge mess! She just wanted to splash the colored water everywhere. I ended up just giving her a bowl of water to play in, and she enjoyed that. Maybe next year :)


This year was definitely the coldest Easter we'll ever experience (hopefully). It actually snowed Easter day! To be honest, it was a little disappointing to wake up to all the white. On Easter day we started the day off with early morning church. It was actually nice to take part in the important part of Easter first, and set the mood before moving on to the not so important Easter stuff. The Easter bunny came later that afternoon, which was nice to wait. To be honest, the Easter bunny wasn't really that exciting this year. Liberty got a few fun things: Mrs. Potato Head, a cute book, and a few other things. She also got a super cute little Easter package from my Mom and Becky with a cute duck purse, and little chick that cheeps, and a book about farm animals, and Liberty loved everything. She is totally into animals and the sounds they make, so it was perfect! Unfortunately, Liberty wasn't very cooperative with taking a picture in her Easter dress. She looked SO dang cute! I loved the dress Heather sent to her awhile back, and she looked darling it! Finally, we had a tasty Easter dinner with a few of our friends. I contributed a ham, calico beans, and dessert, consisting of homemade strawberry ice cream and angel food cake. Despite the cold weather, it was a really nice Easter.






12 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Welcome back to blogging. It's great to see that you had a good Easter. Liberty looks great in her outfit.

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

It's good to see an update! That's so funny about almost getting a bunny! It's so easy to be convinced when they're right in front of you and so cute. I'm glad you resisted though! Libby's adorable, as always!

Maren said...

Finally something new!JK Cute pictures- looks like a fun spot for an easter egg hunt!

Clay's gal said...

Okay it was 86 degrees on Easter Day in good'ol Arizona! A little to warm for the chocolate in Easter egg hunts! Liberty looked darling (as always) in her Easter dress!

once upon a poppy said...

yeah i keep checking to see if you've updated! she's getting so big!

Melis said...

Oh my goodness, she's grown so much! She's so dang adorable, that girl! Love the Easter dress & shoes... darling!

Ern said...

I thought of you and your mom on Easter, because we had strawberries and angel food cake too. My favorite dessert. Your hair is getting so long again, I love it!

TerriLyn said...

What a fun Easter you had. Tabitha absolutely loved the Easter egg hunt. Thanks for all your work. Libby is the cutest kid. We really should get those two girls together for a play date before we all take off!!

Kerby Family said...

Little Liberty is so big and so stinkin' cute. Love the dress. Where does she get the curly hair from?

Meggs said...

So fun. I would be totally bummed if it snowed on easter also. Libbs dress is so cute like always.

Bekah: said...

she is getting so big! what a cutie! i love her easter dress! what a cute fam...

Paola said...

That easter sounds so cold! It's so funny to see what the rest of the world felt like on Easter...everyone in the SW had on their shorts and ...well I'm sure you remember. Bytheway, you BOTH look just beautiful!