CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

We celebrated the wonderful fathers in our lives this weekend. We sure have some special ones! Liberty learned that "father" means "dad." As I mentioned that we were going to give Dad his presents, she was a little confused, and asked, "Is it Dad's birthday?" She was pretty sure that Dad's birthday probably wasn't already here again, but she didn't understand why we had presents for Dad. Regardless, she loves any chance to give presents, have parties, and get together with cousins! She sure enjoyed the celebrations!

On Saturday we celebrated Father's Day with Trever's family. We went swimming and had a barbecue at Paka and Grandma Helen's. Liberty couldn't get enough of the swimming and enjoyed playing with her cousins, especially Haylee. She also gave Paka his very own special Father's Day card with "lots of colors" on it. She was so proud of it!

On Sunday, we started out Father's Day with a yummy breakfast of biscuits and gravy. It was my first time making it, and it turned out pretty darn good! Before church we gave Trever his presents, which Liberty of course loved helping Dad open his presents. I made a special book from Liberty and Hadley titled, "We love our Daddy." It had all the pictures he had taken with is precious little girls. He sure enjoyed looking back beginning with his first day of fatherhood. He sure is a great daddy!


After church we got together with my family at Emily & Troy's house for dinner and celebrating. I made homemade ice cream and brownies to add to the celebration. There was so much good food I ate until I was beyond full! Papa and Papa Ben were there, and we were able to celebrate Father's Day with them. Liberty made them special cards, as well.



We are so lucky to be so close to family, so we can enjoy celebrating together. Liberty enjoys playing with all her cousins so much, that she has a hard time leaving when the parties are over. We are so blessed with so many wonderful fathers in our lives. Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Melissa Moss said...

Yeah! I knew you were alive, J/K I am not one to complain about people not blogging... but I am glad to see you made a post! I am glad to see you are still Chef boyardee! Your girls are gorgeous! Libbs has such a cute smile!

The Wilkins Family said...

I am glad you guys had a great Father's Day. We miss the family so much! Can't wait to see you guys again!