CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Best Day Ever

Liberty decided she was going to plan our day today. She wanted the following things included in our day:

1. Go swimming
2. Go on a bike ride
3. Eat dessert
4. Family pictures
We did all of those and more! She was so excited for the day, and at our breakfast prayer she said she was "thankful for this special day, ...that Dad has the day off, ...and that we can go swimming..." After eating tasty oatbran muffins for breakfast, we headed off to the Wellness Center for a swim in the indoor pool. I'll be honest, it was too cold for me, but Trever, Liberty, and Hadley sure enjoyed it. Bowen got to go to the child care place. He doesn't like being in cold water, and definitely would not have lasted!
After swimming we went home for lunch, and then went on a fun little bike ride around the neighborhood. Trever pulled Hadley and Bowen in the Chariot, and Liberty and I rode our own bikes. It was surprisingly a nice day as long as we were dressed warm. I enjoyed the sunshine! We made sure to take pictures of the bike ride so we chould check off "family pictures" from Liberty's list. We had to do a little convincing for Liberty to count it.




Finally, after playing a few rounds of "Slapwich," we sat down for some fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies. That's when Liberty declared, "This is the best day ever!"
We finished the afternoon off by FINALLY hanging stuff up on the walls in the girls' bedroom. It only took us 3 hours! Liberty is particularly excited about the hanging clips to hang her "projects" up in her room. She already hung up several things, and was ready to make more. By that time it was time for dinner, baths, and bedtime, so we told her she could work on projects tomorrow. She is SO excited!
Our bonus activity to wrap up the night was a dance session. Liberty and Hadley sure know how to jam. Seriously, these girls have some amazing moves! Trever and I got a big kick out of watching them. Bowen even enjoyed it!
I hope we have another one of these fun-filled days soon!

3 comments:

Ali said...

so cute! what a fun mom you are! and i am totally jealous of your Odyssey. some weekend when you are in town call me, i'd love to see you. love ya.

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

That does sound like the best day ever! And I am laughing at your 'warm clothes.' If you only could see what we have to wear here in Ohio to stay warm--or I guess just to not freeze to death. I don't think I've truly felt warm since October...

Saysha said...

Your kids are so dang cute! I LOVE how Bowen is just a little boy version of a Wilkins baby. He's a doll! It kinda makes me sick to see you guys all bundled up with the sun shining and palm trees. If ONLY you knew!! I am done here...winter bites! Miss you...hopefully we'll see you at the beginning of Feb!