CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 5, 2011

SNOW much fun!














(I'm sure I've used that "catchy" title several times already on this blog - I'm so creative!)



We had our first snow of the season that actually stuck for longer than an hour and covered the ground. The kids were super excited! It sure is pretty to look at, but I just don't like the cold! We have definitely taken advantage of our gas fireplace a lot already. I love the flip of the switch!



The annual "Winter Wonderland" event happened to be going on up at the Hualapai's, so we decided to brave the cold and snow and check it out. We got there before the event actually started, which was fine, because we were really just going for the snow experience - which I knew wouldn't last too long before we froze. The worst part of it was that the small road throughout the park was icy and everyone was sliding all over the place. I thought we were going to have to get pushed out a couple of times. When we got there we found a "great" parking spot and were about ready to put our snow gear on and get into the snow. Then, one right after another, 3 different vehicles heading down the small road started sliding right towards our parked car. We decided we probably picked the worst place to park, and found a better spot out of the way of sliding vehicles! The best part was that we parked right next to a fresh area of snow to play in and we only had to take a few steps away from the car to enjoy it.



The kids loved playing in the snow, but were definitely freezing. There was probably a foot or so of fresh snow. Bowen wasn't too sure about it, but I think he enjoyed it somewhat until he was too cold. I got actually snow mittens for the girls this year, which I'm sure made a huge difference. Those fleece/knit mittens just don't cut it for longer than five minutes! We all know I hate being cold, and I get cold very quickly, so I enjoyed watching the kids play, took some photos, and I was done. The girls had been dying to make snow angels, so we let them do that last so they didn't get too wet and cold. They kept asking Trever if he was going to make a snow angel too! They were a little disappointed that the snow was too powdery to make a snowman.



After everyone got their snow fix, Bowen and I got in the car while Trever, Liberty, and Hadley walked around for a bit and checked out the festivities. It is kind of fun to be so close to a good snow area that we can take a couple of hours to play, and then be home again. We enjoyed some hot chocolate and sat by the fire when we got home. I think it took a couple of hours for the numbness in my toes to go away. Rainboots and wool socks don't quite do the trick!








1 comments:

Ali said...

So cute Katie! They are getting big....waaaah!