CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of School

Liberty started preschool this year. We formed a group of 6 moms and 7 kids and are following the Joy School curriculum. It is every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30am-12pm. Each week we rotate to a house and take turns teaching. So I will teach every 6 weeks. I think it will be perfect for Liberty! Liberty was a little nervous to go at first, and when I told her preschool was starting she responded with, "But I'm not old enough!" I was pleasantly surprised that although a little hesistant, she was very cooperative when I dropped her off, and was totally okay with me leaving. She came back with positive reports and is excited to have some new friends.
Hadley on the other hand, I think is having a hard time understanding why Liberty keeps leaving her! The first day I dropped Liberty off at school, Hadley was asleep in the car. After I dropped Liberty of we went to the gym, so I had to wake her up when we got there. She immediately asked for Liberty, and couldn't understand why she wasn't there with her to go to the child care at the gym. As we walked away from the car on our way up to the door of the gym, she kept looking back and the car asking for Liberty. It was pretty sad! She did the same thing the next time we dropped Liberty off and then went to the gym and then back home wondering where her sister had gone! She was SO excited when we picked Liberty up. I'm sure Hadley will get used to it, but for now - although it's very sweet - it breaks my heart to see her miss her big sister.
I love all of Liberty's different smiles - some more natural than others!

2 comments:

Tassi Smith said...

Oh my goodness she is so cute. Have fun with preschool.

Tisa City said...

I'm doing the exact same preschool with Clark. I've never done it before so I hope it goes well. We have 4 moms in ours so I'll have to host once a month. Let me know how your's goes. Liberty is so beautiful, she looks so grown up! Too sad!!!