CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 26, 2007

Late birthday dinner

So this weekend we were able to go to the restaurant we were supposed to go to for my birthday. It is in a small town called Bevier about 35 minutes away with a population of just over 700 people. At the beginning of the year they gave all the students a $25 gift certificate to their restaurant called "The Pear Tree." It is kind of a hole-in-the-wall place, but super clean and nice. The owner or his son personally greets and seats everyone, and comes and talks to you a few times throughout the dinner to check on you. The food was excellent! We started out with some onion rings that are the "best onion rings in the world" according to the owner's son. They were pretty darn good! You didn't even need to dip them into anything they were so good. Then we had a tasty salad with homemade croutons that came out warm, and three really good dressings to choose from. I told Trever that after the rings and the salad I would have been happy to leave! Then, Trever got the sole and I got filet mignon. For dessert, we had raspberry cheesecake - the "2nd best in the world" - next to NYC. The whole experience was wonderful! Liberty also got a lot of attention that night. Everyone just loved coming by and talking her and told us how cute she was. On the way out we had to walk past all of the other tables because we were in the back, and I was holding Liberty, and everyone could see her pretty well. I promise, at every single table we passed, someone made a comment to whoever they were with on how cute Liberty was! It was pretty funny. Although the restaurant was pretty pricey, I sure hope we go back again.

1 comments:

Jessica! said...

Well, I never wished you a happy birthday Katie! So... happy late birthday!!
I love you and I miss you guys so much. I can't wait to see you Spring Break! :)

-Jessica