CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

MHS Class of 1998

Trever had his 10-year high school reunion yesterday. He didn't technically graduate from Mesa High (he moved after his sophomore year) but since he went to school with everyone up until then, he is considered what I like to call an "honorary graduate." Of course, his friends all wanted him to go, too. On Saturday we went to Countryside park for a family picnic. Trever & I enjoyed seeing everyone we hadn't seen for awhile and seeing everyone's families. Liberty enjoyed playing with all of kids, including blowing bubbles, making friends with the little girl with the pretzels, and fighting over beachballs with her little friend Jake. She even managed to sneak away from the group over to the playground to play in the sand. She about gave Trever & I a heart attack when we couldn't find her, but she was happily playing by herself in the sand. So we spent the rest of the time at the playground, which of course she loved!

That night was a dinner with just the adults. It was held at a reception center called Lavendar and Old Lace. They served Joe's Bar-be-cue, which of course was delicous! It was once again, a lot of fun getting caught up with old friends. I know Trever particularly enjoyed seeing people he hadn't see in a long time! They had a portion of the evening where they gave out prizes such as, "most successful" or "most kids" or "changed the least in 10 years," etc. I was lucky enough to win the prize for being the most pregnant one there. It was a little embarrassing! All in all, we both had a great time, despite it costing us a little more than we would have liked it to. :)

While we were at the reunion, one of Trever's close friends made a comment to me that I have to document. He and I were talking and he said something to the effect of, "Katie, have you noticed that everyone really wants to talk to Trever? So many people are genuinely excited to get caught up with him!" Then he made a point that there aren't very many people like that. It was a really nice compliment, and I agreed! It actually is that way most places we go! It's nice to know that Trever has made a really good impression throughout his life, and that people just enjoy being around him.

Carry On, MHS Class of 1998!










While we were out partying, Heather was so nice to offer to take Liberty with her family to their ward Halloween party. It was a carnival-type event, and the kids wore their Halloween costumes. Liberty loved getting a chance to wear her costume! She is going to be a “kitty-cat” this year. I forgot to take a picture of her before they went, so you’ll have to wait for Halloween for pictures of her. Of course Liberty had a great time hanging out with Heather and her kids! Heather said that Liberty ate lots of kettle corn and cotton candy, and loved dancing with Megan and her friend. She also said that Liberty did not want to get inside the bouncer with the kids. Funny girl! Liberty is always spoiled with attention when she is with Heather and her kids – especially Megan – and tonight was no exception.

The next morning we asked Liberty if she had fun at the party with Heather and the kids, and of course she said, “yes.” We asked her what she did and the first thing she said was “sticky hands…candy” and held her hands up with her fingers spread. Of all the things to report, getting sticky hands after eating cotton candy was the most important part! Liberty continues to entertain us!

9 comments:

Sterling said...

Katie, thanks for being on the ball! I was wondering if I'd find reunion pics. I came home and realized the flash was off the whole time--so nothing turned out. Go figure! So I stole a couple pictures, hope you don't mind. As always, it was good to see guys! And thanks for putting on the BBQ! We'll have to do something again.

Sterling said...

Katie, thanks for being on the ball! I was wondering if I'd find reunion pics. I came home and realized the flash was off the whole time--so nothing turned out. Go figure! So I stole a couple pictures, hope you don't mind. As always, it was good to see guys! And thanks for putting on the BBQ! We'll have to do something again.

Marquita said...

Sooo fun! Emily and I had a blast at our reunion last year except the food sucked big time! But it was still fun seeing old friends! Glad you had loads of fun!

Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasha said...

I messed up my first comment, but anyways looks like a fun night. I would agree with the comment Trevor's friend made we loved having him as a HT & when Ben came alone after you guys moved, my girls asked where Trevor was. Well,we will be joining you guys in June in Arizona.

Tanya Leigh said...

Fun stuff! Have you heard any news about our 10 yr? I *REALLY* hope it's not expensive. They really ought to think about us people in *DEBT* I mean, grad school ;)

And, how come I had no idea you were pregnant?! When are you due? CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

sara said...

It was fun seeing you guys- I was talking to the girls the night before saying - I wish Trever, Jaron, Jono were coming and someone said Trever was -so I was excited -It's true - he is a great, genuine guy and has made many friends along the way! Great to see you BOTH - you are about THE cutest pregnant lady around.

Paola said...

OK. I am sad. Here you are in Arizona and I've had NO TIME to come and visit with you. I didn't even know you were preggo! Oh, but I love my Katie! That's fun about the 10 year reunion. This November Jason has his 10 year reunion and I'm excited to go and see his pals. Maybe we can do something SOON? Love ya!

Betsy said...

I want to catch up w/ Trever!! Katie you do such a good job w/ your blog, I wonder what you would charge to do ours?? Glad you're enjoying life. Here's to hoping you and Betsy give birth soon
Jory, Betsy, Lucas, and ??