Although having a new baby seems like a legitimate excuse, I have been questioned as to when I am going to update our blog with our new addition to our family. So here is the condensed version, and I'll try to update as soon as I get a chance.
Hadley Eliza Wilkins arrived on Saturday, November 15th at 5:40 am. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 1.5 oz, and measured 20 inches long. The first thing I noticed were her big hands and long fingers! (With Liberty it was her big mouth and lips.) I like to see what I notice first with a new baby. Hadley's fingers are very long, and when fully open and spread, almost cover her entire face! Hopefully that means she'll be a good piano player, guitar player, or volleyball player - or all of the above! Hadley is a beautiful baby, and changes so much everyday! Of course, getting cuter and cuter each day. After the first day and a half we spent in the hospital, we thought we were going to have the most perfectly behaved baby ever. We definitely thought we deserved it after our "high-maintenance" baby Liberty. Hadley hardly even cried the first days, only when getting her diaper changes or bugged by the nurses. Her night in the hospital she slept wonderfully, and I had to wake her to feed her. Unfortunately, we took her home and she learned to cry loudly, and is not on her best behavior at night. Apparently, she doesn't care for her bed. Hopefully over the next week or so she'll get her nightimes figured out!
Liberty loves her "baby Hadley!" When she first came to see her at the hospital, after a few minutes of soaking it all in, Liberty was begging to hold her and talking in her baby talk to her. It was darling. One of the times Liberty came to visit us, we took a picture of Liberty holding Hadley. Then we wanted to have a family picture taken with me in my bed, so Trever brought Hadley over, while Liberty climbed up to sit by me. By the time Liberty was sitting by me, she was impatiently waiting for Hadley to sit on her lap again. She quickly said, "Trever! I want to hold Baby Hadley!" It was hilarious! Apparently she figured calling her dad "Trever" would get his attention the quickest. Liberty has been a great big sister, and is a good helper around the house. She has adjusted quite well, thankfully.
Here are a few pictures - I will post more later.

11 comments:
Congratulations! I love her name! You look way, way too good for just having her! Having two girls is so so much fun!
Congrats!!! What a beautiful baby. You are a great piano player, guitar player, and a volleyball player so why wouldn't she be all three. She has good genes. Two girls are a lot of fun.
beautiful. and i love how liberty smiles with all her teeth!
She is beautiful! Congratulations!
Congratulations she's adorable!! You'll have to give me tips on having a 2nd when our #2 comes.
She beautiful. I love how Liberty snuggles her right up.
Congratulations.
CONGRATULATIONS--what a darling addition to your family!
Congrats!! she is so dang pretty just like her mommy! I love the name so much. What a cute family. I hope everything went well for you! Take care!
Yeah! Congrats on beautiful Hadley. How fun to have two little girls.
Congratulations you guys! Hadley is so beautiful! Reading your post reminds me when we were in the hospital together when Tabitha and Liberty were born. The 15th of November is Tabi's birthday. Good day. Libby is such a great big sister! What sweet pictures.
Congratulations!! Of course- no surprise- she is beautiful! You look great! How fun to have to little girls!
Post a Comment