This weekend was full of Cortnie & Louis' wedding festivities. Their wedding and dinner was on Friday, then the ring ceremony and reception was on Saturday. I have never seen a couple happier to be getting married than these two! I have also never seen a couple enjoy their reception more than them! They were on that dance floor most of the night. I think our favorite part of the night was watching them dance to "Can't touch this." They were awesome! Cortnie did an amazing job planning her wedding too. She didn't miss a single detail! It really was beautiful. I was one of Cortnie's bridesmaids, and Liberty was the step-in ring bearer. Louis' nephew was the original ring bearer, but he was not interested in it! Since Liberty looked so cute in her little white dress, they asked if she wanted to. I was a little nervous about it, and wasn't sure she'd cooperate, but we went with it. Luckily, before the ceremony Cortnie told me she didn't care if Liberty caused a scene, because that, she did! AH! Liberty walked very nicely with Emma and stood up front (along with all the wedding party) holding the ring pillow, but that didn't last too long. I had no idea the Bishop was going to give such a long talk. Otherwise, I would have had Liberty bring the rings, and then sit down with the audience. As soon as we got up front, Liberty starting saying, "Lots of people, Mom, lots of people." (She rarely uses her quiet voice.) Then, "What we doin' Mom?" Then she wanted held, so I held her. She continued to chat, drop the pillow a few times, etc. Then she went over to the flower girls and started trying to talk to them. Haylee and Liberty started talking with each other. Then, as if things weren't bad enough, Liberty falls down a couple of steps, and the crowd gasps! Of course, she starts crying (I knew she was okay), so Tonie runs up and grabs her, and I quickly whisper to her to hand her to Grandma Helen. The Bishop paused for about 10 seconds, and continued with his (long) talk. Liberty continued to cry (for Mom) for a minute, but luckily calmed down soon after that. Luckily, I think Cortnie and Louis were so happy about being married, then didn't even care about the commotion! Later, they laughed about it, thank goodness! Needless to say, that part was a little stressful for me, and I was glad to have it over with!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Your girls look adorable!
Post a Comment