We rang in the New Year with some of our family this year.
Trever went to the traditional Insight Bowl with Kevin and Autumn, and in the process, tried out the new light rail from Mesa to Tempe. I figured with having Hadley, I’d sit it out this year. He had a great time of course – football with his brother… who could ask for more, right Trever?
The girls and I joined Emily & Troy and their kids, and Matt & Mindi and their kids at the Lines’ house. We ate pizza, wings, and lots of treats, and the adults played Wii while the kids played together (with an occasional fight). We had a blast with the American Idol game – it was some of our first tries at it! It was similar to karaoke, but you were scored according to your ability to stay on key – or close to it. You could be anywhere between “great” and “awful.” When you’re done with your song it tells you how often you were “great,” “awful,” etc. Needless to say, we enjoyed a lot of laughs that night! Trever joined us after the game, and got a kick out of it as well. We had some great duets! Trever was surprised and how much Emily and I came out of our shells to “perform.”
At “midnight” (probably close to Easter Time midnight) the kids went outside and banged pots and pans and shouted “Happy New Year!” I don’t think most of them understood it, but they sure enjoyed the chance to make some noise!
We got home just in time to get our jammies on, and all 4 of us snuggled together in our bed, wishing each other a Happy New Year as 2008 passed us by!
We wish us all a happy, healthy, and successful 2009!
Chuck Roast Beef Stew
23 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment