CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For the sake of journaling...

Since I've started blogging back in 2006, I have changed my main objective for blogging. It used to be mostly to keep family and friends up to date as we lived away from our families and some friends. Now that we are closer to family and some friends, I have decided to focus more on journaling for our family. Of course, we love that friends can see what we are up to, so that is still important to us. Eventually (as soon as I can get caught up) I'd like to make books from our blog. Anyway... on that note, I want to document the simple things more often. Like, the cute/funny things Liberty says and does.


Liberty has always loved puzzles... and she is SO good at them! We were shocked at how well she could put them together! She honestly could put them together faster than we could sometimes! Now that she has mastered all the puzzles she has, I decided to buy her one that would be a little more challenging. I knew it wouldn't challenge her too long, but initially it would. I bought her an alphabet puzzle. She doesn't know her letters yet, but has been able to recite the abc's for several months. Well, she was challenged for a couple of days, but has now mastered her new puzzle. She is now working on speed. She will do this puzzle over and over, and is started to recognize letters, which is a bonus! During her puzzle time, she comes up with some funny things.

Last night, she was putting the "Z" in it's spot which has a picture of a zipper in the spot. (Sometimes when she puts the letters in their spots, she talks about the pictures.) She then said, "Zipper....Zip your lips!" I of course laughed, so she repeated it a few times. I then asked her, "Who says, 'Zip your lips?'" She responded with, "Adam says, 'Zip your lips.'" Now, anytime Liberty sees the "Z" she says, "Zip your lips!"

Today, while doing the puzzle and sitting on the chair next to me she dropped a puzzle piece and in response said, "Oh, gracious!" I'm pretty sure I know where she got that from! (Me :) )

7 comments:

The Gowdy Family said...

Oh gracious? I love it! She sounds so grown up, I wish I could see her--and you and little Hadley as well, of course. Miss you guys!

Rhiannon said...

What a cute kid. Jersey and Phoenix love puzzles. I'm surprised how good they are that them.

Maren said...

"Oh, gracious"? Wow. I really need to work on my language. If it were one of my kids that dropped something, it would've been "Holy crap" or something worse!

Jena said...

That is great! It is so fun to read those cute little stories!

Tasha said...

I love the things little kids say! Hadley looks so precious on her blessing day!

Paola said...

You really say "Oh Gracious" that's so funny. I wouldn't have guessed that. It's like my sister-in-law who says "o my goodness" all the time. I guess I should adopt something like that and really get rid of damn and hell. :) I swear I only use then during extreem provocation! (Ha ha. I SWEAR. Get it? Har har.)

So I'm here STUCK in Baytown lame-town. Can't wait to find a home nearer to Houston where there are more young families. Wish us luck! Miss ya! :)

DeGooyer Family said...

Hi Katie! Sounds like you guys are doing well - hope you're enjoying the *warm* Arizona winter! =)