(Playing at Grandma & Papa's house 7/26/09)
I try to write down the things Liberty does/says, and I have a little list that I need to document:
A few weeks ago we were in the dressing room in Old Navy. Liberty was holding onto one of those metal bars with one hand and sliding her feet apart from each other. She said (something to the effect of), “Mom, look at my trick!” I responded, “Wow, you’re doing the splits!” She immediately replied, “No, I’m doing the slips!” I tried teaching her they were called the splits but she insisted her trick was called the slips. Definitely cuter that way! Plus, it makes more sense.
The other day I was giving Liberty choices for breakfast, and she chose a bagel, and said, “And I want scream cheese on top.”
A few days ago Liberty was playing another one of her made-up games with Hadley, and repeatedly chanted and sang “I shopped hurray because I winned!” And, when Hadley was the winner she shouted, “You shopped hurray because you winned!” She is a riot!
If I could only have a recorder on that girl 24/7 (minus her occasional feisty times) to capture the things she says (sings) and does...
Oh, and she calls me, "Mom-pump." ... on a regular basis ... and even when she's creative playing with princesses, dolls, and animals, she refers to the moms as "mom-pump." I have no idea what it means or where she came up with it. It used to be "mom-punk," and revolved into "mom-pump."
Monday, August 10, 2009
More from our Liberty
Posted by The Wilkins' at 3:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
i try to write the cute things the kids say...but sometimes it is in the way they say them. Maesyn and Jake would both say one syllable words with 2 syllables and it is so cute, I cannot even imitate it. I wonder if I have any video of it... but I plan to turn the blog into yearly books and you don't have sound in books!
ha ha ha...she is a hoot! i wish my girls would call me mom-pump...sounds like an endearing term from a teenager or something! ;o)
Well, hello there, "mom-pump." That is too darn cute! I know what you mean about wishing you had a video camera on your girl 24/7...it would definately make for awesome entertainment. Little girls are so fun, and Libby is such a doll!
Those are all such cute things that she said! I think kids always say the cutest things!
when daisy was little she would play house and point to everyone and say, i will be the mom, you be the baby, and you be the "hun" (dad) i love things little kids say!
Test
Post a Comment