CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Potty Training

I will be honest, potty training is not my favorite thing in the world. It has been an ongoing process in our neck of the woods. I was non-commital for a few months, even though Liberty was interested. Over the last couple of weeks, I decided I needed to commit or quit. I committed, unexcitedly... Excited to be done with diapers, not excited about the whole training prcoess. Liberty does really well at home, and fairly well away from home - aside from getting too busy when she is playing with others. She is currently struggling with going #2. (Sorry for being graphic.) Bribery doesn't really even work. I keep thinking it's just going to click, but so far, not so good. Her first prize for going #2 was a bubble gun. As excited as she was to play with it, it took awhile for her to earn it. A few days later she earned a Snap 'n Style ballerina outfit. Now she's working towards a Barbie she picked out - a pink sparkly one whose legs move (per Liberty's description). We've even taken it places with us, hoping she'll go, and then she can play with it. We will see when the day finally comes!
Showing off her new bubble gun.
She walkd around the backyard shooting bubbles everywhere.
Who can resist a snuggie with such a cute bum! (Which by the way, she picks her snuggies from the front - hilarious! I know, TMI.)

As a sidenote, tonight we were reading a book called, "What do you love?" She likes to tell me what she loves while we're reading the book. She listed several things, including "sharing toys with my sister," and then thoughtfully said "going in the potty," and "wiping my bum after I go potty." You can tell what is on her mind!

2 comments:

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh, that is so sweet! How funny that you mentioned how she picks her snuggies... Shyre did the same thing too! You would often hear, "Shyre, do you need to go potty?" -- "No. It's just a snuggie." :)

bettina said...

what really worked with devyn was "instant" gratification! instead of working towards a toy I would give it to her after she went potty and if she had an accident then I would put it back on the bathroom sink. then she really wanted it!! and would go on the potty again to get it back! Good luck!!