CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kirksville Friends

We are SO lucky to have so many amazing friends throughout our experience here in Kirksville. On Sunday, we went to a backyard bar-be-cue at Jared & Margi's house with some of our closest friends here. (We missed the Later's and City's!) The company, food, and weather were all amazing. It was perfect! The only negative part was that we were all thinking about how sad it was going to be when we all moved away in just a couple of months. We sure are going to miss our Kirksville friends!
Pictured left to right: Jared, Tyler, Matt & Ammon, Nate, John & Cade, Justin, Brian, Trever, Scott
left to right: Tana, Saysha, Katie, Melissa, Jessica & Cade, Jenny, Katie, Kathryn, Margi

I volunteered to bring dessert - I had made Texas sheetcake and raspberry pie squares. Of course, the Texas sheetcake was a hit with all the kids because it was chocolate! I shared some with Liberty, and when we were done, I wiped her face and hands off really well. A little later on, she came up to me with a spoon in her hand and chocolate on her hands and face. I still don't know where she got it! She must have liked the dessert!

13 comments:

Tassi Smith said...

It is amazing how connected you can become in just a few short years of school. Good luck with the last few months in Kirksville.

Maren said...

Wow- lots of posts! I love it! Liberty is such a doll. I can't believe you only have a couple month left- are you coming back to Mesa?

Maren said...

Oh yeah- and all my kids were scared of the carousel at first too. Janie still is. So don't feel too bad- I'm sure she'll warm up to it. :)

Ern said...

Hello! You're so pretty, as always! You should post more pics of yourself. Like a photo shoot or something... kidding, kidding. but i still like the pics w/ you in them. BTW, thanks for the new posts! It's warming up in KVille! Yay!

Kerby Family said...

Yeah updates from the Wilkins. I am in love with Liberty. What a cute little fam. The fishing looked like so much fun. I can't believe Liberty is so old. I think I still owe you a massage, right? You better redeem that when you are here again. Hope to see you soon.

Jenna said...

Glad to see some new posts!!! It looks so pretty where you are. That is so fun to be somewhere else and meet great people. Ok Liberty is still the cutest thing ever. I love nursery!! It's a new found freedom!!!!! I can't wait to see what your next one looks like!!!

Meg and Jeremy said...

Liberty is just so adorable! Good luck with your move.

Sara said...

liberty is adorable! =) glad i found your blog. it's such a great way to get to know people better!

Sara said...

p.s. i'm adding your link to my favs, hope that's ok =)

Clay's gal said...

Gotta love a good BBQ! Of course Liberty is SOOOOOO adorable! She makes me want a girl even more! Thanks!Just kiddin!

Ella A. said...

Have fun in your last weeks in the midwest! Liberty looks cute, as usual!

Briann said...

Hi! YOur little family is so cute! I found your blog through Lindsay's so I hope you don't mind me stopping by! Keep in touch :) Briann (Barnum)

Sterling said...

Hey guys! How's life? AZ misses you. Jennifer and the girls went to the cabin without me, so I'm here by myself and thought I'd take a minute to say hi. Katie your blog looks great--as always! I can't believe how old Liberty is getting. Be sure to let us know when you visit Arizona and we'll show you around town. Take care!