CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 2, 2007

The break

Oh how we loved having 9 days with Trever during his break from school! It went by way too fast, but it was nice to take a couple road trips, enjoy time with friends, and spend time at home and around town with our little family.

I was eager to decorate for Christmas, so the day after Thanksgiving we got everything out! Liberty was a BIG help! She loved emptying out the boxes of decorations! I even talked Trever into putting up some Christmas lights outside! He was a little reluctant to do it, but I think after all was said and done he is glad he did it. While Trever was outside putting the lights up, Liberty was watching him outside the little window by the front door, tapping on the window and talking to him. After a little while, she came back upstairs, went into her room, and then brought me her shoes. It was so cute that I had to let her go outside and help! It was pretty cold out there, but I bundled her up and took her out there. She absolutely loved it, and I don’t think she even cared how cold it was. She just wanted to be in the middle of it all! And by the way, much to my surprise, she loves the little gloves! When we got inside I took them off, and she made me put them back on her!

So after initially being excited to put the tree up and put all the ornaments on it, that quickly diminished when I couldn't get Liberty to stop pulling the ornaments off the tree. I probably should have been a little more strict from the beginning, but I wasn't, and now it is a disaster! Any ornament that is within her reach - or slightly out of it where she has to reach as high as she can while standing on her tip-toes - comes down off the tree. We had to move all of the glass and breakable ornaments on the top half of the tree so she couldn't reach them. And, she has still managaged to temporarily break 3 ornaments so far - they are fixable. I thought that maybe she would just go through a phase of pulling off the ornaments and then she would lose interest. So far, it's part of her daily routine! Oh well!

6 comments:

Rhiannon said...

That is funny about Trever being reculant to put up the lights. Mike is the same way but when he was done he was happy that he had done it plus the kids were so excited that their house had lights.
Jersey and Phoenix loved taking the ornaments off the tree every year. Mike's mom tells me you could just put a gate around it. But seriously what is the fun in that. I wish I had better advise to help you with that. One year we only decorated the top of the tree because of this problem. She understand by the end of Christmas if that helps. :)

Jenna said...

I love putting up trees!! I have three this year, a little overboard I know. My boys are at good ages they never touch my stuff because they know I will not like that. I love Liberty's cake too. As for snow, I would freeze to death I think.

Ali said...

she sure loves the snowflake! your tree is beeeautiful! love it

Maranda Whittle said...

Hi Katie, it's maranda (arrington)Your daughter is so cute! I think she looks a lot like you. I can't beleive you live in Missouri. How fun, my mom is from a town right out of St. Louis and I love going back there. It's so pretty!

Amanda B. said...

Beautiful house, tree, decorations! Libby seems like she has such a cute personality. Sounds like your Thanksgiving turned out perfectly too! I have to say, it's quite the accomplishment to make your own meal and have it turn out. We had dinner with some friends here too and it was a blast.I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Travel safe!

Ella A. said...

Fun! My girls used to pull off all the decorations from the Christmas tree, too. Hope to see you at Christmas! It'll feel so warm to you here.